Pages

February 6, 2012

Oh My! It has been a long time....

That dress so did not turn out the way I pictured in my head.  Or rather it did but it was the absolute worst shape for my already robust figure.  Last thing a woman with curves needs is puffy sleeves and an empire waist with absolutely no definition.  I have pictures which I will be sure to post (without me in it) at some point.

I've continued to sew when my schedule allows it and have actually produced a few items that I have worn.  A couple of skirts and a red dress.  Pictures and descriptions of all to come soon.  I'm currently working on developing my own master pattern and sloper to help me understand and correct the fitting issues I seem to have with every garment.  I'm also trying to perfect the FBA so that my pattern choices can branch out past Simplicity's "Amazing Fit" garments.  It is the Simplicity Amazing Fit 2151 pattern that I'm using as my base to create the master pattern.  These patterns are great for us FB Gals as they come in 4 cup sizes (A, B, C, D) and either Slim, Average or Curvy depending on the garment pattern.  If you haven't checked them out, please do so!  They take a lot of the guessing out of the construction.

I will be sure to post pics of the completed garments and the progress on the master pattern soon :)  Until then, Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment